Enroling at NMPS
How do I enrol my child?
You will need to complete an Enrolment Application form. You can download this from the document listing on the bottom right hand side of this page or collect one from the School office.
The Enrolment Application should be completed and returned to school with the following documents –
- Birth Certificate or Child’s Passport
- Immunisation Certificate
- Child’s Passport (if child born overseas)
- Child’s Passport (if child born in Australia and parents born overseas)
- Evidence of Residency Status (if parents born overseas) - Passport and Visa Details
- Proof of address documents (Drivers Licence , 12 month Lease Agreement/council rates notice and 2 utility bills e.g. gas, electricity)
Other information you will need to provide for the enrolment form include –
- Parents home, mobile and work phone numbers
- Parents email address
- Contact details of emergency contacts (other than parents)
- Medicare number
- Contact details for your family doctor
- Copies of any reports or information from previous school, or relevant outside agency (e.g. therapist)
When do I have to submit the Enrolment Application form?
Submit the enrolment form by 30 August for the following year’s entry.
Families will be advised late September on the status of their enrolment application.
Will there be a Transition / Orientation session?
Orientation and Information sessions are held in Term 4 for prospective families.
All families who have successful enrolments will be advised of dates and time of the sessions.
All Foundation teachers and relevant school staff will be available at the Orientation and Information sessions.
You will have an opportunity to meet with staff if your child has particular needs you would like to discuss.
You will receive an information pack and be able to view the school facilities during the session.
An Orientation Day will be held in December for students enrolled in Years 1-6
Do we have to live within the school zone?
All Melbourne schools have a local neighbourhood area. The Department of Education requires that schools allocate places to students residing within that area. If you do not reside within the area we are unable to accept your application for enrolment.
Enrolment Officer - Kathryn Mitten
Enrolments are by appointment only.
Please contact Kathryn by email:
or by phone 9329 6902 Extension 198
Please note: Kathryn does not work on Thursdays.