Term 3 Overview
· Continuing sight words
· Reading Big Books as a class
· Reading comprehension strategies (Questioning, Summarising, Inferring)
· Decoding strategies (Consulting a Reference, Chunking)
· Writing using sounding out, chunking and print around the room
· Forming full sentences and drawing more detailed pictures
· Listening carefully and following instructions
· Writing recounts and information texts
· Speaking in front of the class on a prepared topic
· Asking and answering questions during whole class discussions
· Compare and order collections of items to 20
· Time and Events: days of the week in order and comparing and the duration of events
classify and explain collections of items
and location (follow and give directions using simple words and gestures)
describe and name familiar three-dimensional objects
· The vocabulary of Mathematics
· Completing our unit on different cultures and countries that make up our world and
create our identity.
· Introducing ‘Sharing our Planet’- looking into living and non-living things and how our choices can help the environment.
Social and Emotional Learning
· Problem solving (independence/organisation) · Identifying and managing emotions
· Risk-taking in new situations · Working with others (sharing, compromising, listening)
How Parents and Carers can help at home.
· Continue to read with/to your child every night and get them to point to the words as you/they read
· Practise their decoding and comprehension strategies
· Ask your child questions about what they have read
· Practise writing in lowercase
· Practise counting forwards and backwards (countdown until bedtime...)
Write numbers, measure items in the home, make/point out patterns, use positional language.
On P.E. days a pair of runners and comfortable clothes would be suitable.
FB FC FD FE FF M Italian(Session 1) Library P.E. P.E. Library T ArtP.E. P.E.MusicArt P.E.Italian MusicArt ItalianArt ArtP.E. W Wake Up WedLibrary Wake Up WedLibrary Wake Up Wed Wake Up WedItalian
Wake Up WedLibrary Wake Up Wed Th Music Italian Art Music F Italian MusicSession 1 Library Music ItalianSession 1
Important Dates for your calendar:
(Tuesday 2/8) Foundation will celebrate 100 Days of School
( 21/8) Book Week, dress up and special ‘Mystery Reader’
(18/9) Final week of school and Reports we will available on COMPASS
– Remain the same (8:55am-3:30pm), however, a reminder to ‘Check-In’ on COMPASS and walk your child to class if you cannot avoid being late. Please speak to your teacher if you are still unable to log on to this system.
- In Term 2 we collected a lot of unnamed beanies, jackets and other items. In order to return misplaced items please label them with your
child’s name and class. Please also continue to have your child bring warm clothing.
We want you
- In order to continue our love of reading we are looking for ‘Mystery Readers’ who will make a surprise appearance in your child’s class. All you’ll have to do is read your favourite picture or short story book to the class. This will coincide with our daily
Community Reading and Home Reading Programs.
Teacher Communication Reminder
- For anything urgent please contact the office on
9329 6902, you can
also send a message via Compass or email your child’s teacher.