about banner

Enrolment at NMPS

2022 Prep Enrolments

Enrolments for the 2022 school year will be accepted from 3rd May, 2021.

School Tours

We are pleased to advise that this year we are once again able to offer our school tours which are led by our wonderful Year 6 students.  These will be held at 9.15 am on the following dates:

  • Friday 14 May
  • Friday 28 May
  • Wednesday 9 June
  • Monday 21 June
  • Friday 23 July
  • Wednesday 4 August

To register your attendance for a school tour, which runs for approximately 40 minutes, could you please e-mail kathleen.doyle@education.vic.gov.au noting your preferred date.  Due to on-going health protocols, we will require attendees to sign in and maintain safe social distancing.

How do I enrol my child for 2022?

You will first need to confirm that North Melbourne Primary School is your designated neighbourhood school. This can be done by visiting the 'Find My School' website 


Our school zone

Our school zone is available on findmyschool.vic.gov.au which hosts the most up-to-date information about Victorian school zones. Students residing in this zone are guaranteed a place at our school, which is determined on the basis of your permanent residential address. The Department provides guidance through the Placement Policy to ensure that students have access to their designated neighbourhood school and the freedom to choose other schools, subject to facility limitations. You can find more information and answers to frequently asked questions on the Department’s website under School zones.  


How to use the FINDMYSCHOOL website?

Begin by visiting www.findmyschool.vic.gov.au 

You can find a designated neighbourhood school by residential address OR searching using the name of a school. The result will show:

  • where the school is located within the zone and the residential address (if provided),
  • information about the school, its region and a link to the school website.

To refine results to the type of school, select ‘Primary’ or ‘Secondary’. There is the option to filter results by year level for secondary schools.

To start a new search, simply replace the address or school name.

NOTE: If a property is intersected by a school zone line, the child residing at that property has the right to attend the school in either zone.

The website also includes a link to the School Zones page on the Department’s website for more information. For further clarification please read this document:  School-Enrolment-management-plan.pdf   


Enrolment Application Form for 2022



Enrolment Process

Once the Enrolment Application is filled in and all necessary documents obtained, the completed forms can be e-mailed to north.melbourne.ps@education.vic.gov.au/, posted or delivered to:

North Melbourne Primary School, 210 Errol Street, 
North Melbourne, Vic., 3051.

 Please ensure the following applicable documents are attached: 

  1. Birth Certificate

  2. Child’s Passport (if a child born overseas)

  3. Child’s Passport (if a child born in Australia and parents born overseas)

  4. Immunisation History Statement from the Australian Immunisation Register (please see link)

  5. Evidence of Residency Status (if parents born overseas)

  6. Proof of address documents:

  7. Immunisation History Statement from the Australian Immunisation Register (please see attached)

  8. Court orders relating to access, parenting plans, etc., if applicable.

  9. For Year 1 to Year 6 enrolments, a copy of latest school report available.

  10. Passport and Visa Details of Parents and Child.  Note – only holders of Visas that are eligible for the Student Resource Package are able to enrol directly to NMPS.  Holders of ineligible Visas need to apply through https://www.study.vic.gov.au/

  11. A current Lease agreement or contract of sale/council rates. Please note a lease will need to extend beyond February 2022.  If unavailable when submitting an application a new lease will need to be provided once available to prove that North Melbourne Primary School is still your designated neighbourhood school at the commencement of the school year, and,

  12. Two current utility bills e.g. gas, electricity, internet (or connection notices if any recent occupation of residence) or official correspondence from ATO, Centrelink, Banks, etc. that show name and address. 

Information Checklist

Information you will need to provide in the Enrolment Application includes:

1.         Parents’ home, mobile and work phone numbers

2.         Parents’ email address

3.         Contact details of emergency contacts (other than parents)

4.         Medicare number

5.         Ambulance subscription/coverage advice

6.         Contact details for your family doctor

7.         Current kindergarten/childcare or school details

8.         Copies of any reports or information from previous school or
            relevant outside agency (e.g. therapist)

9.         Medical conditions and relevant management plans, if applicable

10.      Signatures of both parents are required on the enrolment form. This applies whether the student’s parents live in the same or separate households.

Please note that enrolment applications may not be successful if the requested documentation is not provided.


Submission of the Enrolment Application

Once you have completed the Enrolment Application form and have attached copies of all supporting documents, please e-mail, post, or deliver to North Melbourne Primary School for checking and processing by Student Administration. Please note, incomplete enrolment forms will not be accepted. 

Enrolments for 2022 will open on 3rd May 2021.  Please have forms submitted by 31st August 2021.  Families will be advised at the end of October 2021 on the status of their enrolment application. 


2022 Year Level Age Range

A child can begin Prep if they turn five in that year by 30th April.  The following sets out 2022 year-level birthdate ranges. 



2022 Birthdate range




Year 1



Year 2



Year 3



Year 4



Year 5



Year 6




What to do if you have just arrived in Australia or moved to North Melbourne?

North Melbourne Primary School can accept enrolments throughout the year provided all the criteria set out in ‘How do I enrol my child?’ are met.

Students who have been in Australia for less than 12 months, and who are not Australian citizens, may be requested to complete an English Language Assessment to determine if they require additional support for their language development.  If following an assessment it is determined that a child will significantly benefit from supportive English language schooling, they will be directed to an English Language School for one or two terms before returning to North Melbourne Primary School.  These are local primary schools following the Victorian curriculum with a focus on students where English is an additional language.


Further information can be found at the Western English Language School https://www.esl-wels.vic.edu.au/  or Collingwood English Language School  https://www.collingwoodels.vic.edu.au/


Enrolment Application Form for 2021



Why is my child's immunisation important?

The new amendments to the No Jab, No Play legislation have tightened requirements for enrolment in early childhood services and impact acceptable documentation for school entry immunisation requirements.  By law, primary schools are required to request and record information on the immunisation status of students prior to enrolment.  Parents or guardians must provide an immunisation status certificate to the school regardless of whether the child is or is not immunised. 

As of February 2018, an Immunisation History Statement from the Australian Immunisation Register will be the only form of documentation accepted as proof of a child's immunisation status.

Documents produced by GPs or other immunisation providers will no longer be sufficient as a form of evidence.

How do parents/carers get their child on the Australian Immunisation Register?

If a family is registered with Medicare then their children are automatically registered on the Australian Immunisation Register.  In this case, the Immunisation History Statements for children from the Australian Immunisation Register can be accessed from your myGov account, Medicare or Centrelink offices or call the Australian Immunisation Register on 1800 653 809.

For families who are not registered with Medicare, a GP or immunisation nurse can enter them on the Register along with the details of any vaccines they have had.  Guardians will then need to call the Australian Immunisation Register on 1800 653 809 to request an Immunisation History Statement to be sent through the post.  This can take up to 14 days.

Once you have requested this statement we can conditionally enrol a student.  We will require a certificate/letter of attendance for the purpose of immunisation from the GP or immunisation centre to confirm that details will be forwarded to the Register.

When we have confirmation that an Immunisation History Statement has been requested we can process a conditional enrolment.  Please note formal enrolment will only be confirmed once we have a copy of the Immunisation History Statement.

IMPORTANT -  In the case of an outbreak of a contagious disease at school we will be obliged to remove students who do not have an Immunisation History Statement on file for the required period to ensure their safety.


Privacy Statement

Privacy Statement