Enrolments for the 2023 school year will be accepted from 2nd May 2022. As a new Campus is currently being built for North Melbourne Primary School, scheduled to be open for the beginning of the 2023 school year, there has been some adjustment made to our designated neighbourhood boundary for 2023 as outlined in Find My School . Please note the boundary differs depending on whether the enrolment is for 2022 or 2023.
To find out more on this exciting new development for our North Melbourne Primary School, please refer to the following link:
We will update information on the new campus as soon as it becomes available.
We are pleased to advise that we will be holding school tours on the following dates:
- Friday 20 May
- Friday 3 June
- Friday 17 June
- Friday 22 July
- Friday 5 August
The tours will commence at 9.15 am from the front office (entrance via Harcourt Street) with a short address by Leadership followed by our wonderful Year Six students showing small groups around our existing Errol Street school. Please note that as the new Campus is not scheduled to be completed before the end of 2022, unfortunately we will be unable to hold any tours at the new location prior to the commencement of the 2023 school year.
Please register your interest in attending a specific tour date, and number of people, by e-mailing Kathleen.email@example.com
You will first need to confirm that North Melbourne Primary School is your designated neighbourhood school. This can be done by visiting the Find My School website which hosts the most up-to-date information about Victorian school zones. Students residing in this zone are guaranteed a place at our school, which is determined on the basis of your permanent residential address. Please ensure you check the correct enrolment year as boundaries for our area differ between 2022 and 2023.
The Department provides guidance through the Placement Policy to ensure that students have access to their designated neighbourhood school and the freedom to choose other schools, subject to facility limitations. You can find more information and answers to frequently asked questions on the Department’s website under School zones.
For further information and application forms to enrol at North Melbourne Primary School please download the following:
Find My School website: https://www.findmyschool.vic.gov.au/
Please note we cannot accept forms that have not been fully completed. Please ensure all sections are completed including: contact phone numbers, email, emergency contacts, Medicare number, Ambulance subscription, family doctor contact, kindergarten/childcare details, copies of reports, medical conditions and management plans and signatures of both parents where applicable.
Submitting your application
Once the Enrolment Application is filled in and all necessary documents obtained, please post or deliver to our school:
North Melbourne Primary School, 210 Errol Street, North Melbourne Vic 3051.
Please ensure copies of the following documents are attached:
- Birth Certificate
- Child’s Passport (if a child born overseas, or if a child born in Australia and parents born overseas)
- Evidence of Residency Status (if parents born overseas)
- Passport and Visa Details of Parents and Child. Note – only holders of Visas that are eligible for the Student Resource Package are able to enrol directly to NMPS. Holders of ineligible Visas need to apply through https://www.study.vic.gov.au/
- Proof of address documents
- A current Lease agreement or contract of sale/council rates. Please note a lease will need to extend beyond February 2022. If unavailable when submitting an application a new lease will need to be provided once available to prove that North Melbourne Primary School is still your designated neighbourhood school at the commencement of the school year, AND
- Two current utility bills e.g. gas, electricity, internet (or connection notices if any recent occupation of residence) or official correspondence from ATO, Centrelink, Banks, etc. that show name and address.
- Immunisation History Statement from the Australian Immunisation Register (information here)
- Court orders relating to access, parenting plans, etc., if applicable.
- Medical conditions or developmental delays – management plans or reports from relevant outside agency (e.g. asthma management plans, therapist reports, etc.) if applicable.
- For Year 1 to Year 6 enrolments, a copy of latest school report available.
What happens next?
Once you have completed the Enrolment Application form and have attached copies of all supporting documents, please post or deliver to North Melbourne Primary School for checking and processing by Student Administration. Receipt acknowledgement of the enrolment form and accompanying documents will be confirmed by e-mail. Please note, incomplete enrolment forms will not be accepted.
Enrolments for 2023 will open on 2nd May 2022. Please have forms submitted by 26 August 2022. Families will be advised at the end of October 2022 on the status of their enrolment application.
What year will my child be in?
A child can begin Prep if they turn five in that year by 30th April.
|Year||2022 Birthday date range for year level|
|Prep||01/05/2016 and 30/04/2017|
|Year 1||01/05/2015 and 30/04/2016|
|Year 2||01/05/2014 and 30/04/2015|
|Year 3||01/05/2013 and 30/04/2014|
|Year 4||01/05/2012 and 30/04/2013|
|Year 5||01/05/2011 and 30/04/2012|
|Year 6||01/05/2010 and 30/04/2011|
|Year||2023 Birthday date range for year level|
|Prep||01/05/2017 and 30/04/2018|
|Year 1||01/05/2016 and 30/04/2017|
|Year 2||01/05/2015 and 30/04/2016|
|Year 3||01/05/2014 and 30/04/2015|
|Year 4||01/05/2013 and 30/04/2014|
|Year 5||01/05/2012 and 30/04/2013|
|Year 6||01/05/2011 and 30/04/2012|
What to do if you have just arrived in Australia or moved to North Melbourne?
North Melbourne Primary School can accept enrolments throughout the year provided all the criteria set out in ‘How do I enrol my child?’ are met.
Students who have been in Australia for less than six months (18 months for Prep students), and who are not Australian citizens, may be requested to complete an English Language Assessment to determine if they require additional support for their language development. If following an assessment it is determined that a child will significantly benefit from supportive English language schooling, they will be directed to an English Language School for one or two terms before returning to North Melbourne Primary School. These are local primary schools following the Victorian curriculum with a focus on students where English is an additional language.