2022 Prep Enrolments
Enrolments for the 2022 school year will be accepted from 3rd May, 2021.
How do I enrol my child for 2022
You will first need to confirm that North Melbourne Primary School is your designated neighbourhood school. This can be done by visiting the Find My School website which hosts the most up-to-date information about Victorian school zones. Students residing in this zone are guaranteed a place at our school, which is determined on the basis of your permanent residential address. The Department provides guidance through the Placement Policy to ensure that students have access to their designated neighbourhood school and the freedom to choose other schools, subject to facility limitations. You can find more information and answers to frequently asked questions on the Department’s website under School zones.
For further information and application forms to enrol in 2021 and 2022 please download these documents:
Find My School website: https://www.findmyschool.vic.gov.au/
Please note we cannot accept forms that have not been fully completed. Please ensure all sections are completed including: contact phone numbers, email, emergency contacts, Medicare number, Ambulance subscription, family doctor contact, kindergarten/childcare details, copies of reports, medical conditions & management plans, signatures of both parents.
Submitting your application
Once the Enrolment Application is filled in and all necessary documents obtained, the completed forms can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or posted the school.
Please ensure copies of the following documents are attached:
- Birth Certificate
- Child’s Passport (if a child born overseas, or if a child born in Australia and parents born overseas)
- Immunisation History Statement from the Australian Immunisation Register (information here)
- Evidence of Residency Status (if parents born overseas)
- Proof of address documents
- Court orders relating to access, parenting plans, etc., if applicable.
- For Year 1 to Year 6 enrolments, a copy of latest school report available.
- Passport and Visa Details of Parents and Child. Note – only holders of Visas that are eligible for the Student Resource Package are able to enrol directly to NMPS. Holders of ineligible Visas need to apply through https://www.study.vic.gov.au/
- A current Lease agreement or contract of sale/council rates. Please note a lease will need to extend beyond February 2022. If unavailable when submitting an application a new lease will need to be provided once available to prove that North Melbourne Primary School is still your designated neighbourhood school at the commencement of the school year
- Two current utility bills e.g. gas, electricity, internet (or connection notices if any recent occupation of residence) or official correspondence from ATO, Centrelink, Banks, etc. that show name and address.
What happens next?
Once you have completed the Enrolment Application form and have attached copies of all supporting documents, please e-mail, post, or deliver to North Melbourne Primary School for checking and processing by Student Administration. Please note, incomplete enrolment forms will not be accepted.
Enrolments for 2022 will open on 3rd May 2021. Please have forms submitted by 31st August 2021. Families will be advised at the end of October 2021 on the status of their enrolment application.
What year will my child be in?
A child can begin Prep if they turn five in that year by 30th April.
|Year||2022 Birthday date range for year level|
|Prep||01/05/2016 and 30/04/2017|
|Year 1||01/05/2015 and 30/04/2016|
|Year 2||01/05/2014 and 30/04/2015|
|Year 3||01/05/2013 and 30/04/2014|
|Year 4||01/05/2012 and 30/04/2013|
|Year 5||01/05/2011 and 30/04/2012|
|Year 6||01/05/2010 and 30/04/2011|
What to do if you have just arrived in Australia or moved to North Melbourne?
North Melbourne Primary School can accept enrolments throughout the year provided all the criteria set out in ‘How do I enrol my child?’ are met.
Students who have been in Australia for less than 12 months, and who are not Australian citizens, may be requested to complete an English Language Assessment to determine if they require additional support for their language development. If following an assessment it is determined that a child will significantly benefit from supportive English language schooling, they will be directed to an English Language School for one or two terms before returning to North Melbourne Primary School. These are local primary schools following the Victorian curriculum with a focus on students where English is an additional language.