The North Melbourne Primary School philosophy is underpinned by the following beliefs and practices:
- All children can learn
- Learning outcomes will be maximised when children feel safe, connected and engaged at school
- Students are encouraged to be active and self-directed in their learning
- Our school values are reflected within all we do
Students will contribute positively to their local, national and global communities.
We guarantee extraordinary learning opportunities for students, providing rich curriculum and evidence-based practices of teaching.
At North Melbourne Primary School, teachers will:
- Establish a safe and secure learning environment that promotes confident and engaged learners.
- Develop strong and positive relationships to achieve better student outcomes that encourage participation, curiosity and a love of learning.
- Maintain a growth mindset where students and teachers are encouraged to take risks and challenge themselves.
- Have high expectations for all students and teachers by setting challenging goals.
- Work collaboratively and flexibly as a team and as a member of the school community to develop and deliver a Guaranteed and Viable Curriculum.
- Maintain strong connections between school and home and encourage parents to be part of our purposeful learning community by making positive contributions.
Our values at North Melbourne Primary School are: